Water Softener Benefits
The Benefits of Water Treatment from Kinetico Water
You might be wondering what the benefits of water system treatment are or if you need a water softener for your home in the Phoenix, Gilbert, or Scottsdale, AZ areas. At Kinetico Water, we’re dedicated to ensuring homeowners have the tools they need to minimize plumbing and pipe issues caused by hard water and enjoy better results from washing and cleaning with soft water. Read on to learn more about the benefits of having a water treatment softener in your home, and contact us to schedule an estimate for water softener installation today!
What is a Water Softener?
Also known as a water conditioner, a water softener treats the groundwater entering your home through your plumbing to remove minerals that can build up in your pipes and leave residue on your faucets and in your sinks. When you turn on your faucet, your water may look like it’s clear and clean. However, when rainwater passes through the ground, it picks up minerals like calcium and magnesium that dissolve into the water. The result is called hard water, which enters your home through the water supply. These minerals are not harmful to your health, but they can cause damage to plumbing pipes and appliances after years of exposure. A water softener removes these minerals in a filtration system through a process known as ion-exchange, leaving you with softer and cleaner water throughout your home.
What Are the Key Benefits of Water System Treatment?
Once minerals are removed from your water supply, you’ll enjoy noticeable benefits in just about every task you rely on water to complete. Your plumbing will remain cleaner and you can look forward to improvements, such as:
- Saving Money on Repairs: Cleansing the water in your home and removing harmful minerals will save you money on plumbing and appliance repairs that are required after extended exposure to hard water.
- Softer Skin and Cleaner Hair: Minerals in hard water don’t mix as well with soap as soft water does. When you shower or bathe with soft water, you get a better lather. Additionally, your skin holds moisture more effectively when not exposed to the minerals. You’ll enjoy smoother skin and hair that won’t feel dry or brittle as it can when washed with hard water.
- Softer and Cleaner Laundry: Soft water is easier on your clothes when doing laundry. Minerals in hard water will cause colors to fade over time. Clothes can also end up with stains or marks from hard water mineral deposits that get stuck in fabrics.
- Cleaner Dishes: Dishes washed with hard water in a dishwasher or the sink will end up cloudy or with signs of residue after they dry. Changing your dish soap won’t fix the problem because the minerals in the water will dry on your dishes during the rinse cycle. Water softeners will remove these minerals from your water supply so they won’t dry on dishes. Also, dish soap will lather more effectively with soft water, providing a deeper clean.
- Save Time Cleaning: A home that is not exposed to hard water will be spared the unsightly scale, lime, and chalk buildup caused by hard water. You’ll spend less time cleaning tubs, showers, faucets, showerheads, dishes, and laundry with the installation of a home water softener.
Signs You May Have Hard Water in Your Home
Hard water isn’t harmful to drink or use for washing and showering, but it can cause complications with plumbing and lead to some other annoying and troublesome issues, such as:
- Watermarks on your faucets
- Lime and chalk buildup on the walls of your tubs and sinks
- Laundry whites that don’t appear bright or thoroughly clean
- Water that smells or tastes off
- Itchy skin or hair after showers
- Appliances don’t last as long as they should or require frequent repairs
- Watermarks or residue on dishes after they’ve dried
How Much Does a Water Softener Cost?
As with any home appliance, the cost of a water softener is going to depend on a few factors unique to your home and water supply. Prices can range anywhere from as low as $500 to up around $2,500. One of the great benefits of a hard water treatment system is that they typically last about 20 years. You can expect many years of reliable service from your investment. Our experienced team can help you choose the best water softener for your home by considering a few components, including:
- House Size: The size of your house affects how much plumbing you have, especially the number of bathrooms in your home. The more faucets, showers, and tubs you have throughout will mean there is more water that needs to be softened.
- Installation Process: Older homes with outdated plumbing or pipes with a lot of damage and corrosion from hard water will have additional installation costs. Newer homes typically have a more straightforward installation process.
Enjoy the Benefits of Installing a Home Water Softener
Being a homeowner with hard water flowing through your plumbing can be frustrating. The good news is you don’t have to live with hard water stains in your shower, faded clothes, cloudy dishes, or dry and itchy skin. Kinetico Water offers a water softener type for every home in the Phoenix, Gilbert, and Scottsdale, AZ areas. Contact our water softener installation experts today to get your quote.Go back