Saltless Water Dechlorinators and Descaling Devices, Greater Phoenix
Learn More About Our Saltless Dechlorinators & Descalers
Arizona has some of the hardest water in the United States. A majority of the “working water” (water used in bathing, cleaning, laundry, etc.) comes from the Colorado River, complete with dissolved rock and minerals. These deposits can destroy appliances and fixtures over time and clog pipes and plumbing with calcium and magnesium build-ups.
Our municipalities use chlorine to clean and disinfect the water supply. Once the water reaches the home, many homeowners want to remove the chlorine so it doesn’t wreak havoc throughout the home and body.
Homeowners in the Greater Phoenix area count on Kinetico to treat their water and make it better for everyday use. To help you understand our no salt solutions and their benefits, we have put together some of the most commonly asked questions we receive from our customers. Take some time to review them, then contact us for more information:
What is the difference between a Dechlorinator and Descaler?
Kinetico Dechlorinators, often called whole-house filtration or conditioners, remove chlorine, foul odors, and tastes from your water. They are gentle enough to reduce dry skin and utilitarian enough to preserve rubber seals on your plumbing. A Descaler prevents scale buildup and reduces hardness deposits in appliances, pipes, and fixtures.
Do These Systems Require Salt?
No. Kinetico’s Dechlorinators and Descalers do not backwash, like a water softener. So, they do not require a regenerant such as sodium or potassium and do not discharge brine.
What makes a Kinetico Dechlorinator or Descaler different?
Kinetico’s salt-free Dechlorinator and Descalers are different from other systems on the market, as they offer various intrinsic features and specs that set them apart:
- Customization: Your water filtration system will depend on your property’s unique water conditions. You can customize your components to match those needs and create the ideal system to meet your specifications.
- Versatility: Our Dechlorinators and Descalers can be installed alone or paired with other Kinetico
- Non-Electric Operation: There are no timers or computers to set or adjust. Our systems give you reliable non-electric (water pressure powered) operation that saves you time and still work when the power goes out. No power outlet or drain line is needed. No electricity or gas cost to operate.
- Corrosion Resistant Valves & Tanks: Our components are designed to resist calcium, magnesium, and other corrosive minerals and minimize replacement costs. Our systems are designed to be high-performance conditioners. They are built for durability and reliability.
- Automatic Operation: Kinetico systems operate independently and require very little maintenance. No regeneration downtime and no daily limit to treated water.
- Improved Water Usage: Unlike a water softener, there is no backwash cycle. This means no water is lost, so you conserve water as you improve water quality.
Are Kinetico Dechlorinators and Descalers Energy Star qualified?
Appliances have to reach certain qualifications set down by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Department of Energy before they can be officially rated as “Energy Star Qualified.” These prerequisites demand that products must use significantly less energy in their operation than other products on the market. Because our systems are non-electric, they require no energy at all, qualifying them as the ultimate energy-efficient product. This also means that the official energy rating need not apply.
Contact Kinetico for More Product Information
Despite the high levels of calcium, magnesium, TDS, and other minerals, the best drinking water, and working water are within your reach. Kinetico offers whole-home solutions to filter your water and make it clean and safe for your family while protecting your plumbing and appliances. Contact Kinetico or your local Kinetico dealer for more information.